Designed to suit all makes and models of forklift trucks
Do I Need a Weight Indicator?
Handling loads which are of variable weight, such as timber packs, scrap metal and random pallets etc. can be potentially dangerous or damaging. Forklifts and operators need to know what is being lifted to avoid damage and/or “tip-over”
FMS Load Weight Indicator
Operators can see at a glance if the load is within the safety limits of the fork lift truck reducing the risk of overloading.
FMS Weight Indicator System
Designed to suit all makes and models of forklift trucks. This trouble free, easy to read design has replaced the old dial type indicators. The weighsafe mini/WDU 2001 units come with a history of reliability and excellent backup service.
It is the responsibility of both management and operators to ensure that forklift trucks are not overloaded. The forklift manufacturer must supply a rating certificate on every forklift truck that shows the capacity at a given load centre and fork height, but this does not help the operator if they do not know what the load weight is. Our load indicator will immediately show the weight being lifted and warn the operator should the load exceed the forklift capacity.
Our Weight Indicators can be used on all types of lift trucks
All weighing kits come complete with a universal mounting bracket, an assortment of hydraulic and electrical components to make the installation of your FMS Weight Indicator straight forward.
The kit contains:
- 1 x MK2 Digital Weight Display Unit
- 1 x Transducer And Cable Assembly
- 1 x 12 Volt, Power Cable Assembly
- 1 x Universal Mounting Bracket
- Automatic and manual zero correction
- Gross / net weighing
- Automatic tare weight entry
- Totalisation with sequence number
- Automatic switch off
- Overload protection and warning.
Ease of installation
- Transducer is installed into the mast hydraulic line (1).
- The digital display unit (2) complete with chock proof circuit is installed in a comfortable viewing position to suit the driver or optional position (3).
- A power source to the display unit is wired into the key switch.
- Unit is then calibrated using a test weight for accuracy.
- Capacity to fit the capacity of the truck
- 5kg steps
- 10kg steps
- 20kg steps
- Within 2% of forklift capacity
Indicator LCD Controls
- 4 Functions / auto on/off when not in use
FMS can provide a full training and installation programme.
For further information please contact us.